Laugh Factory Presents: Funniest Person in the World!
* All Laugh Factory profits will be donated to Bob Hope USO in support of the wounded warriors.
Official Rules and Regulations
1. SPONSOR: Laugh Factory, Inc. 8001 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90046, USA ("Sponsor" or "LF").
2. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be comedians and 40 years of age or younger. Only two entrants are permitted per country. Due to the overwhelming number of comedians in the United States, audience members can submit any American born comedian to be in the competition by submitting their name via email to LaughFactory.com. The comedian whose name is submitted the most often will be the United States Entrant. CONTEST IS VOID IN NORTH KOREA DUE TO A LACK OF SENSE OF HUMOR.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must be submitted by a comedy expert from their country. All submissions must include a video (maximum of 3 minutes) of the entrant performing standup comedy in his or her country. THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE
4. TERMS: The 2014 Laugh Factory’s Funniest Person in the World Contest begins July 15, 2014 at 8:00:00 a.m. U.S. Pacific Time and ends October 16, 2014, 11:59:00 p.m. US Pacific Time. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
5. RELEASES: If the submission clip contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the clip, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the clip, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the clip in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any clip is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
6. CONTEST PRIZES: A) The two chosen comics from each country will have their sets placed on the LaughFactory.com video channel and a worldwide audience will vote for their favorite. B) The top ten semifinalists will receive an invitation to perform at the World Famous Laugh Factory in Hollywood, USA, in front of a panel of experts and celebrities. Each will receive $1,000 (USD) plus gifts each for their performance. C) The chosen five will advance to the final round which will take place in Las Vegas, USA in front of an audience and broadcast live on YouTube. The winner will be determined by a worldwide voting online audience. D) GRAND PRIZE: The crowned winner of the inaugural Laugh Factory Funniest Person in the World will win $10,000 (USD), and be a part of a paid nationwide tour, and receive three months of free public relations services from one of the nation’s best renowned publicity firms, Breakwhitelight Public Relations.
7. JUDGING: The contest consists of five (5) rounds:
In Round One (July 15-Aug 15), the twenty (20) contestants/countries with the most amount of online votes will move on to Round Two. The remaining contestants/countries are eliminated.
In Round Two (Aug 15-Sept 5), the ten (10) contestants/countries with the most amount of online votes will move on to Round Three. The remaining contestants/countries are eliminated.
In Round Three (Sept 5-Oct 5), the ten (10) contestants with the most votes are announced on Sept 5 and they will receive special invitations for travel and Visa purposes to perform at the World Famous Laugh Factory in Hollywood, USA. The contestants will receive $1,000 (USD) and other gifts.
In Round Four (October 10), the ten (10) contestants will perform at the World Famous Laugh Factory in Hollywood, USA where a panel of celebrity judges and comedy experts choose the best five (5) to move on to the next and final round in Las Vegas, USA.
In Round Five (October 16), the remaining five contestants perform in Las Vegas, USA and are voted on by an online viewing audience. The contestant with the most votes is the crowned winner of the contest. The crowned winner of the inaugural Laugh Factory Funniest Person in the World will win $10,000 (USD), and be a part of a paid nationwide tour, and receive three months of free public relations services from one of the nation’s best renowned publicity firms, Breakwhitelight Public Relations.
8. LICENSE: By entering the Contest, all entrants give the Laugh Factory the rights to publish their videos and performances in all media in perpetuity.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Laugh Factory and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors and representatives, from any claims, losses, or damages, arising out of their participation in this Contest, or any Contest-related activities. The same restrictions holds for the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
10. CONDITIONS: THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this Contest shall be subject to and governed by the laws of California. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from, or in connection with, this Contest are hereby excluded. The entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply. Entries void if the Sponsor determines the standup material is not original.
By entering, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Voters are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) that if an entrant wins, the Sponsor may use the winning performance, as well as each winner's name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law).
All federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible, cannot be traced or does/do not respond within ten (10) days to a winner notification as required by the "Contest Prizes" Rules above, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
11. RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST: If the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Laugh Factory, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Laugh Factory reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Sponsor elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, Sponsor will not retain any rights in the submitted clips.
12. WINNERS LIST: Entrants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules. Winners' names will be available online at www.laughfactory.com after October 16, 2014.
13. DATA PRIVACY: Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes, and within the context of, the Contest. The data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to verify the participant's identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Sponsor by writing to Laugh Factory 8001 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90046. Personal data will be used by Sponsor and its affiliates exclusively for the purposes stated herein.
14. SPECIAL NOTE: To accommodate late entrants, Laugh Factory will open up submissions for the second annual Funniest Person in the World Competition beginning November 1, 2014 and ending on February 28, 2015.
15. PROFITS: All Laugh Factory profits will be donated to Bob Hope USO in support of the wounded warriors.
16. SPECIAL THANKS
Breakwhitelight Public Relations
Jim Yeager, Roberta Silverman, and Carla Shalman
Histerical Pty Ltd.
Steve Pillemer, Ignacio Garcia, and Hadi Joweihan
A ventriloquist is performing with his dummy on his lap. He’s telling a dumb blonde joke when a young platinum-haired beauty jumps to her feet. “What gives you the right to stereotype blondes that way?” she demands. “What does hair ... ( See Rest )
TWEET OF THE DAY
I started going to the gym so I could get a six-pack but then I remembered they don’t even sell beer!